I am delighted to announce the publication of issue 6 of the Journal of the Text Encoding Initiative (http://jtei.revues.org/841), selected papers from the TEI 2012 Conference held in College Station. It was guest edited by Laura Mandell and Elena Pierazzo.
This issue features the following articles:
- Encoding the Discipline: English Graduate Student Reflections on Working with TEI by Maura Ives, Victor Del Hierro, Bailey Kelsey, Laura Catherine Smith, and Christina Sumners
- Encoding Financial Records for Historical Research by Kathryn Tomasek and Syd Bauman
- Stationers’ Register Online: A Case Study of a Byte-Reduced TEI Schema for Digitization (tei_corset) by James Cummings and Pip Willcox
- Rebooting TEI Pointers by Hugh A. Cayless
- Resolving the Durand Conundrum by Lou Burnard
Special thanks go to Martin Holmes (who recently took over as Managing Editor from Kevin Hawkins) and Ron Van den Branden (the Journal’s Technical Editor) who revised the style sheets, both for the HTML and PDF rendering, to display some especially complex encoding.
Do enjoy the issue
Editor-in-Chief of The Journal of the TEI