The Cologne Center for eHumanities (CCeH) at the University of Cologne is offering a Marie Curie fellowship for an Experienced Researcher:
“Tool integration in the digital edition”
(full-time; fixed-term employment for 12 months, starting 1st November 2014).
Specifications of the Fellowship
The research project should encompass one or more of the following topics:
– Study, assessment, evaluation, theorization of the integration and possible enhancement of tools in digital editions in general
– Case studies (empirical survey, methodological discussion, sketch for future developments, practical development and implementation) on single fields of tool integration in scholarly editions or editorial work environments, like personalization, rendering of text presentation, image manipulation, transcription, annotation, text analysis, geocoding, lexicon lookup, services for the integration of external knowledge resources (e.g. controlled vocabularies, bibliographic data)
– Visualization of textual relations in scholarly editions using network analysis and visualization tools; connection of editions to tools like Voyant, Juxta-Commons or CollateX etc.
– Relevant doctoral degree (or at least four years of research experience)
– Preferably prior experience with digitization, tools in editing, digital scholarship, scholarly editing.
– Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of German is not required.
This position is funded through the Marie Curie Initial Training Network “DiXiT”. For details, see
– be in possession of a doctoral degree or have at least four years of full-time equivalent research experience.
– also have less than five years of full-time equivalent research experience.
– not have resided or carried out their main activity in the country of their host organization (i.e. Germany) for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the reference date.
– be willing to spend up to 3 months of their tenure at the Huygens Institute (Netherlands).
Application Deadline: 15th August 2014
Applications, including a letter of intent, CV, scan of diploma and relevant certificates must be sent by e-mail to
In addition, the mandatory DiXiT application form has to be filled in. It can be found here:
Follow the instructions!