Dear XML aficionados,
in the midst of summertime, we provide you with a new version of BaseX,
our XML database system and XQuery 3.0 processor. This is what you get:
– Unit testing has been improved a lot. All test functions will now be
evaluated separately; this way, updates can be performed within
– with the new TEST command, all test modules in a specified directory
can be evaluated.
– tests can be invoked from within the GUI editor and project view.
– on command-line, the -t flag can be used for the same purpose.
– Custom HTTP methods can be defined via %rest:method
– Error handling has been improved and aligned with try/catch
– The “run” operation allows execution of server-side command scripts
– parsing options added to db:create, db:add and db:replace
As usual, various minor bugs and inconsistencies have been fixed in
the latest version; check out our documentation and the GitHub
history for more details.
The latest version is available at http://basex.org.
We are looking forward to your feedback,