Crowdsourcing for Academic, Library and Museum Environments –
Citizen Science for the Digital Humanities
– Taught by experts from Google and Zooniverse (Oxford’s Citizen
– How to plan your crowdsourcing all the way from project
conception to launch to data analysis.
– In-depth experience of all stages of Zooniverse’s new DIY
crowdsourcing site from developing and launching a beta site
through to using data refinement and analysis tools to understand
– Come with your own project ideas and set of images to work from
to get practical experience in building a project with a dataset
that you understand.
– Opportunity to pitch your project, generate interest in it,
attract a crowd from amongst Summer School delegates, and get
them to respond to it. There will be time to reflect on the
process of setting up and sustaining a crowdsourcing project.