Do you use TEI to describe manuscripts?
If so, could you help us by telling us the software solutions you use for:
the TEI-encoded information?
We would like to understand the range of solutions used by the TEI community to inform a new Bodleian Libraries project which aims to:
- determine a suitable technical architecture for the storage and indexing of TEI-XML manuscript descriptions across multiple collections
- build or implement the ‘back-end’ technical architecture as scoped
- engage in user testing of the existing TEI-based catalogues to decide the functional improvements requires for the front end interface(s)
- build a new, user-friendly interface for searching and browsing TEI
- design and implement a sustainability plan around training, communications and standards
If you can help us, or have any questions about the project, please contact:
[Posted on behalf of Dr Elena Pierazzo by Paul O’Shea, TEI social media coordinator.]
Dear TEI Community,
This is a public call for bids to host the annual TEI Members Meeting and conference for 2016. Meetings have traditionally been held in the fall. The last two meetings were held in Rome (2013: http://digilab2.let.uniroma1.it/teiconf2013/) and Chicago (2014 http://tei.northwestern.edu/); this year it will be held in Lyon. The site of the meeting has typically alternated between Europe and North America, but that is not a fixed rule.