Registration for the 2010 TEI Conference, Members Meeting, and Workshops is now open. The meeting will take place November 11-14 at the University of Zadar, Zadar Croatia. Pre-conference Workshops will be held November 8-10.
The theme of the conference is “TEI Applied: Digital Texts and Language Resources,” though papers and posters on other subjects are also included.
The conference programme includes two keynote lectures, twenty-one regular papers in parallel sessions (with additional space being held back for our September call for “late breaking” papers), numerous posters and demos, and a number of five minute micro-paper+poster demonstrations of the use of TEI XML. And of course there will be the TEI’s famous “poster-slam” where presenters have one minute to discuss their paper in a plenary session, will also be held. The annual TEI members meeting will be held at this conference and the results of the annual election for board and council will be announced.
Our keynote speakers for 2010 are
- Tomaž Erjavec (Jožef Stefan Institute, Ljubljana, Slovenia)
- Ian Gregory (Lancaster University, Lancaster, UK)
The conference will be preceded by seven intensive workshops, led by many of the most significant members of the TEI and wider markup communities including
- C. M. Sperberg McQueen on XQuery and XForms
- Norm Walsh on XProc
- The TEI@Oxford team (Lou Burnard, Sebastian Rahtz, James Cummings) on the TEI ODD Metalanguage (Introduction and Advanced Topics)
- Elena Pierazzo and Malte Rehbein on the TEI’s new proposal for Module for the Transcription of Genetic Documents
- Andreas Witt, Thomas Schmidt, Hanna Hedeland, Timm Lehmberg on the use of TEI for Speech Transcription
In keeping with the relevance of this line up to the wider community, the TEI is for the first time also offering a special commercial rate on its workshops and conference registration in addition to its usual Academic and heavily discounted member/subscriber and student/retired rates. In addition to individual registration prices, a 3-day pass is also available allowing attendance at any workshops over the pre-conference period for a 15% discount.
A 20% early registration discount for workshops (15% for conference registration) is available for registrations before September 8, 2010. Members and subscribers are eligible for up to an additional 50% discount on conference registration and workshops.
An overview of conference and workshop registration options can be found at the TEI Membership Centre. You can also learn how to join the TEI as an individual subscriber or institutional member here.
- Conference Registration/TEI Subscription and Membership (http://www.tei-shop.org/)
- Conference programme, housing, and local information (http://ling.unizd.hr/%7Etei2010/index.en.html)
- Call for late breaking proposals (due Sept. 30th): http://ling.unizd.hr/~tei2010/call4latebreakingproposals/index.en.html
- Main TEI Consortium site (http://www.tei-c.org/)